7 Questions to Change the Holiday Conversation
Tis the season of holiday gatherings-Thanksgiving, Chanukah, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Kwanza, New Years and the parties in between. Family gathering can be a wonderful time to share stories of days gone by and things hoped for in the future.
How often have you heard the same story from your loved ones while sitting at the holiday meal? If you want to hear different stories then ask different questions and have everyone-including the kids-take turns answering.
Here are 7 Questions to Change the Holiday Conversation
- What was your favorite subject in school? Least favorite?
- Who was your best teacher-in school or in life? What made them special?
- What was your first car and how did you learn to drive?
- How did you and your spouse/partner meet? What was your first impression?
- What do you feel makes your life meaningful?
- What’s the best/furthest vacation you have gone on?
- Where would you like to travel to if you could go anywhere in the world (or space) ?
Holiday gatherings are a wonderful time to learn more about those we love!