Tell them you saw it on RI Elder Info!
- This event has passed.
Aging with Pride: IDEA Presentation
October 6 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Presented Virtually | Wednesday, October 6 from 4:30-5:30 PM
Amy Cunningham, MS
- Learn why dementia and caregiving in the LGBTQ community is an important issue to address.
- Understand the differences between dementia and caregiving in the LGBTQ community compared to the heterosexual community.
- Learn about health disparities in LGBTQ older adults.
- Understand challenges faced by LGBTQ individuals who have dementia and their caregivers.
- Learn about an evidenced-based intervention proven to improve the quality of life and health for both caregivers and those they care for.
- Learn about the Aging with Pride: IDEA (Interventions in Dementia Empowerment and Action) study which is based upon a proven evidenced-based intervention program and enhanced for LGBTQ participants.
Hosted by the Alzheimer’s Association RI Chapter and SAGE RI
To learn more about Aging with Pride, IDEA Research, click here: Aging with Pride: IDEA (ageidea.org)