Tell them you saw it on RI Elder Info!
- This event has passed.
Legal Ethics: Helplines & Hotlines (Part One) WEBINAR
May 6 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Legal helplines and hotlines have limited access and time with their clients, which leads to challenging ethical issues. Applying legal ethics rules to helpline practice and protocols can make a difference in the quality of services provided to older adults and protect helpline attorneys.
In this webcast, presenters will share model rules, case studies, and example procedures focused on:
- Handling calls from third-parties;
- Ensuring that callers and attorneys understand the scope of services that can be provided;
- Dealing with conflicts; and
- Addressing capacity concerns.
This training is the first part of a series on ethics and legal helplines. The webcast will build on previous NCLER trainings, including Understanding Legal Capacity & Ethics and Recognizing and Addressing Elder Abuse on Legal Helplines and Hotlines.
Both senior-focused helplines and general helplines will benefit from the information presented in this webcast.
- Sarah Galvan, Justice in Aging
- Lynda Shely, The Shely Firm, PC & ABA Standing Committee on Ethics & Professional Responsibility