Long Term Care Insurance
Long Term Care Insurance is a special insurance policy sold to cover long term care in a variety of settings. Unfortunately, not everyone qualifies for long-term care insurance. As care needs change, it is better to understand what is covered under your plan before a life transition becomes extremely expensive for you.
Before buying Long Term Care Insurance ask:
- Will you need a medical evaluation first?
- Does the cost go up over time?
- Is there a coverage term limit or is it for your lifetime?
- Can the insurance company pay the provider directly?
- If not, is there a time limit to submit your proof of payment for reimbursement?
- Is the insurance company able to directly deposit the reimbursement money into your account? (This is important if getting to a bank to cash a check is difficult.)